Thursday, October 22, 2009

Musings

My musings have been more internal lately. My thoughts have been more about getting back to where I was before I got sick. I wonder how much of it I will be able to do. In my head, I am still same as I was, so it's a bit difficult to reconcile having the thought that I can do whatever I set out to do with the reality that this will have to be adjusted to what I am capabale of doing without pain.

I am not one of those people who relies on some sort of "power of positive thinking", that actually makes me crazy. I need to be in the reality of the now anddeal with things that way! None of this is good or bad, really, it just is.

1 comment:

  1. I love the realness of your posting. It is true - things aren't good or bad, they just are - and it's how we react that sets the tone. Lately I feel like I could write a book on sleep and RA! After using a ChiliPad to help with my RA symptoms I decided to work with ChiliTechnology to promote it. The ChiliPad is a mattress pad that cools (or heats) any bed. They come in all sizes, they work using water, and they're small and efficient. I used to take Lyrica because the pain in my hips would keep me up at night, and I wasn't able to do much with my mornings because of the stiffness. After playing around with the temperature I finally found a way to sleep through the night: heating up the bed a bit and then setting the timer to cool it down in the few hours before dawn is what works for me, I both sleep through the night and am able to do more with my mornings.

    ReplyDelete