Thursday, September 3, 2009

Invisible Awareness Week reminder


Since I am still learning about the way RA affects me in my daily life, I can only share very few experiences so far. One thing I do know already, is the effort I need to make to communicate. For example, I told my husband yesterday about the increase in my joint pain. This morning his first question was whether I was in pain today too. The hard part for me was to say yes to his question today. I hate admitting to having pain! I hate to think that I cause him concern, and my first instinct is to say "Oh, I'm ok..." This is one of the issues of this being invisible, that I have to overcome this reluctance to communicate to let your loved ones know how you are, because you don't want to cause them emotional pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment